We are always looking for volunteers to join the Charlie’s team.
Learn about bike mechanics, make a meal for one of our classes, or share another unique skill! Sign up here to volunteer or come by the shop anytime.
Held on the first Wednesday of each month from 7-8pm.
All new volunteers must attend an orientation session (…but we promise they’re fun, and include food!).
- Peer Mechanic
- Drop-In Hours Assistant
- Cook (Meals are served during all classes)
- Office Assistant
- Graphic Designer/Web Assistant
- Bike Blender Animator (Take our bike blender to community events!)
- Event Volunteer
- Workshop Lead (Suggest & lead a workshop in our space)
…or let us know what skill(s) you’d like to offer!
What are the perks of volunteering with Charlie’s?
- Strengthen your knowledge of bike mechanics: Volunteers get to sit in on Build-a-Bike lessons and have access to ongoing training opportunities.
- Volunteer Hours: We will provide letters of support for volunteer hours
- Access the shop: Volunteer have access to the shop outside of our regular programming
- Charlie’s Swag: T-shirts, buttons, pins, spoke cards…you get it all!
- Join the Charlie’s Community: Meet new and awesome people and receive invitations to regular volunteer events, community meals and other good times.
Corporate Volunteering Opportunities
We can also support corporate team-building activities. Please get in touch if your team would be interested in helping out. We can design a program tailored to your interests.